In order to load a image in opencv, place the image in a folder/in the same folder where you are executing the code.
import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
- filename – Name of file to be loaded.
- flags –Flags specifying the color type of a loaded image:
- CV_LOAD_IMAGE_ANYDEPTH – If set, return 16-bit/32-bit image when the input has the corresponding depth, otherwise convert it to 8-bit.
- CV_LOAD_IMAGE_COLOR – If set, always convert image to the color one
- CV_LOAD_IMAGE_GRAYSCALE – If set, always convert image to the grayscale one
- >0 Return a 3-channel color image.
In the current implementation the alpha channel, if any, is stripped from the output image. Use negative value if you need the alpha channel.
- =0 Return a grayscale image.
- <0 Return the loaded image as is (with alpha channel).